Jamie B. Blasko, MSW, LCSW
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMClosed Today Closed Today
Accepting New Patients
Chapel Hill Internal Medicine
940 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
, NC 27514
On Public Transportation, Handicap Accessible
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
About the Provider
- Social Work
Type: Clinician, Advanced Practice Provider
About Jamie B. Blasko, MSW, LCSW
I was drawn to the field of social work because I wanted to help individuals draw on their strengths, skills and supports to assist them in empowering their lives. I have always had a passion for helping others. As a social worker, my approach is strength-based and systems-based. Helping individuals to find their strengths and building on them can be beneficial in overcoming obstacles they may face. I also find that its important to focus on t...
I was drawn to the field of social work because I wanted to help individuals draw on their strengths, skills and supports to assist them in empowering their lives. I have always had a passion for helping others. As a social worker, my approach is strength-based and systems-based. Helping individuals to find their strengths and building on them can be beneficial in overcoming obstacles they may face. I also find that its important to focus on the systems around them to help them in meeting their needs. As a system, it is important to come together to empower individuals in achieving their goals. Working collaboratively with community partners is something that I have found rewarding and beneficial. Outside of work, I enjoy being active, spending time with my family and reading.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Physicians Network
Bachelor of Science
- Appalachian State University
- Area: Sociology
Master of Social Work
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Managing depression, anxiety, traumatic stress, and mood disorders. Working in collaboration with primary care providers and community providers to provide integrated treatment. Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other evidence-based treatment models depending on need. Identifying and developing skills with patients to help them in managing their mental health systems.
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
In order to provide our patients and visitors with the most accurate and useful information, we only post physician satisfaction data when a physician has received a minimum of 30 returned surveys. For this provider, we have not received the minimum.