Josephine "Pina" Joann Finazzo, DO
Assistant Professor, Radiology
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
7:30 AM - 5:30 PM 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM 7:30 AM - 5:30 PMClosed Today Closed Today
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
About the Provider
- Abdominal Imaging
Type: Clinician, Researcher
About Josephine "Pina" Joann Finazzo, DO
I chose to become a doctor because I became fascinated with the physiology of the human body. My philosophy of care is to deliver the highest order of compassion and to treat patients and colleagues with dignity and sensitivity, valuing their diversity. My approach to patient care is with high level education at an institution whose vision is focused on innovation, science and technology. Personally, I try to conduct myself with integrity and...
I chose to become a doctor because I became fascinated with the physiology of the human body. My philosophy of care is to deliver the highest order of compassion and to treat patients and colleagues with dignity and sensitivity, valuing their diversity. My approach to patient care is with high level education at an institution whose vision is focused on innovation, science and technology. Personally, I try to conduct myself with integrity and uphold professional ethical standards and accountability placing work as priority. My special interests include education, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerized tomography (CT). Outside of work, I like to bike, hike, run and all types of skiing.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Hospitals
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Education, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT)
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
In order to provide our patients and visitors with the most accurate and useful information, we only post physician satisfaction data when a physician has received a minimum of 30 returned surveys. For this provider, we have not received the minimum.