Lana Nasrallah, MPH, RD, LDN
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
7:00 AM - 7:00 PM 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 12:00 PMClosed Today
Accepting New Patients
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
About the Provider
Type: Clinician, Advanced Practice Provider
About Lana Nasrallah, MPH, RD, LDN
I decided to start a career in nutrition and dietetics to work in partnership with interdisciplinary teams that aim to develop therapeutic interventions for chronic conditions. I enjoy developing nutrition care plans and teaching people about the importance of diet and nourishment in relation to chronic disease management. The areas of medical nutrition therapy I am most interested in are diabetes, overweight/obesity, cardiovascular disease, r...
I decided to start a career in nutrition and dietetics to work in partnership with interdisciplinary teams that aim to develop therapeutic interventions for chronic conditions. I enjoy developing nutrition care plans and teaching people about the importance of diet and nourishment in relation to chronic disease management. The areas of medical nutrition therapy I am most interested in are diabetes, overweight/obesity, cardiovascular disease, renal nutrition, reproduction, and gastrointestinal disease. Outside of work, I like to create new recipes that utilize fruits and vegetables and aim to produce great flavor with quality nutrition in every bite. I exercise often and enjoy hiking, strength training and dancing. I love expressing my creativity through interior dÃ©cor and do-it-yourself projects. I always encourage people to increase their knowledge of nutrition and learn ways on how to practice their acquired knowledge. Sustaining healthy dietary behavior modification is vital in achieving any healthcare related goal. During my nutrition consultations, I provide educational materials that reinforce messages about healthy eating, teach skills essential for making dietary change, and provide information on how to sustain behavior change.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Hospitals
Bachelor of Science
- East Carolina University, 2008 - 2012
- Area: Nutrition Science
Master of Public Health
- East Carolina University, 2012 - 2014
- Area: Epidemiology
- Registered Dietitian, Board Certified, 2018
Diabetes, weight management, cardiovascular disease, renal nutrition, gastrointestinal disease and reproduction nutrition.
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
In order to provide our patients and visitors with the most accurate and useful information, we only post physician satisfaction data when a physician has received a minimum of 30 returned surveys. For this provider, we have not received the minimum.