Marguerite M. Yao, MD, MPH
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
Internal Medicine, Primary Care
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMClosed Today Closed Today
Chapel Hill Internal Medicine
940 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
, NC 27514
On Public Transportation, Handicap Accessible
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
About the Provider
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
About Marguerite M. Yao, MD, MPH
As an undergraduate, I was planning to apply for a PhD in economics, but I realized that economic theories often do not improve people's lives in practice. At the same time, I was seeing a doctor for health problems, and I realized that medicine was a way to help people's lives in practice, so I decided to become a doctor instead. My goal is to cooperate with my patients to help them achieve their health goals. I see myself as health care educ...
As an undergraduate, I was planning to apply for a PhD in economics, but I realized that economic theories often do not improve people's lives in practice. At the same time, I was seeing a doctor for health problems, and I realized that medicine was a way to help people's lives in practice, so I decided to become a doctor instead. My goal is to cooperate with my patients to help them achieve their health goals. I see myself as health care educator and advisor, presenting different options with my recommendations and discussing risks and benefits, so that my patients can make the choice that is right for them. When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my husband and daughter, and in my free time, I am studying Chinese.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Physicians Network
- Northwestern University
- Hofstra North Shore-Long Island Jewish School of Medicine
Master of Public Health
- Northwestern University
- Internal Medicine, Board Certified
Caring for patients with complex medical problems and helping them coordinate between specialists.
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
4.83 out of 5
(410 Ratings, 90 comments)