COVID-19: Vaccine information and additional resources | Medicaid: The program is changing and you must take steps to keep your UNC Health providers.
Maribel Medina de la Barrera, RD, LDN
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMClosed Today Closed Today
Accepting New Patients
UNC Health Primary Care
6330 Quadrangle Drive
, NC 27517
On Public Transportation, Handicap Accessible
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
About the Provider
Type: Clinician, Advanced Practice Provider
Additional Practice Locations for Maribel Medina de la Barrera, RD, LDN
About Maribel Medina de la Barrera, RD, LDN
I am a bilingual registered dietitian who is always looking to improve health and well-being of others and promote disease prevention wherever I go. I enjoy helping patients from different backgrounds, as embracing people's culture is a passion of mine. During counseling, I will aim to find a sweet balance between flavor and adequate nutrition. I will also provide nutrition recommendations while accommodating cultural and personal preferences....
I am a bilingual registered dietitian who is always looking to improve health and well-being of others and promote disease prevention wherever I go. I enjoy helping patients from different backgrounds, as embracing people's culture is a passion of mine. During counseling, I will aim to find a sweet balance between flavor and adequate nutrition. I will also provide nutrition recommendations while accommodating cultural and personal preferences. Life is meant to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest, and food plays a crucial role in our lives . My goal as a health professional is for you to enjoy your meals, thinking about all the goodness you are providing to yourself. I truly believe that food is medicine, and it is intended to nourish your body, mind, and soul.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Physicians Network
Bachelor of Science
- North Carolina Central University, 2011 - 2013
- Area: Nutrition and Dietetics
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
In order to provide our patients and visitors with the most accurate and useful information, we only post physician satisfaction data when a physician has received a minimum of 30 returned surveys. For this provider, we have not received the minimum.