COVID-19: Vaccine information and additional resources | Medicaid: The program is changing and you must take steps to keep your UNC Health providers.
Sarah Richardson, PT, DPT, CLT
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
Rehabilitation and Therapy
7:30 AM - 6:00 PM 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM 7:30 AM - 6:00 PMClosed Today Closed Today
Accepting New Patients
UNC Hospitals Rehabilitation Therapies
1807 Fordham Blvd.
, NC 27514
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
About the Provider
- Rehabilitation and Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Type: Clinician, Advanced Practice Provider
Additional Practice Locations for Sarah Richardson, PT, DPT, CLT
About Sarah Richardson, PT, DPT, CLT
I chose to become a physical therapist because I believe that all people, regardless of their identities, deserve the ability to participate in their lives without physical limitations. I’m committed to meeting people where they are at and creating a plan that is individualized and collaborative, working with my patients to reach their personal goals. My philosophy of care is that, as a provider, I need to recognize the uniqueness of my pati...
I chose to become a physical therapist because I believe that all people, regardless of their identities, deserve the ability to participate in their lives without physical limitations. I’m committed to meeting people where they are at and creating a plan that is individualized and collaborative, working with my patients to reach their personal goals. My philosophy of care is that, as a provider, I need to recognize the uniqueness of my patients and how their life experiences, identities and personal attributes shape how they navigate health care and their lives. I believe it is my responsibility to recognize those differences and work to provide empathetic and inclusive care. My areas of special interest include urinary dysfunction, bowel dysfunction, sexual dysfunction, neurologic bowel and bladder, ante- and postpartum care, as well as lymphedema and other secondary cancer-related impairments. Outside of work, I really enjoy moving my body whether that be in a dance class, in a gym, or while walking my dog on our favorite trails. I am also a huge nerd and enjoy watching movies and television shows with my husband. Lastly, I really enjoy baking and cooking. My time in the kitchen is a sacred place for me to unwind after work and on the weekends.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Hospitals
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2021 - 2022
- Area: Pelvic Heath and Oncologic Physical Therapy
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2018 - 2021
- Area: Physical Therapy
Pelvic health, urinary dysfunction, bowel dysfunction, sexual dysfunction, neurologic bowel and bladder, ante- and postpartum care as well as lymphedema and other secondary cancer-related impairments
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.