COVID-19: Vaccine information and additional resources | Medicaid: The program is changing and you must take steps to keep your UNC Health providers.
Sarah Christine Ruff, MD
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
Family Medicine, Primary Care
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMClosed Today Closed Today
UNC Family Medicine at Southpoint
7011 Fayetteville Road
, NC 27713
On Public Transportation, Handicap Accessible
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
About the Provider
- Family Medicine
- Primary Care
About Sarah Christine Ruff, MD
I love learning, and being a doctor allows for a lifetime of learning! I really enjoy making a difference, and I feel privileged to be a part of the most intimate aspects of patients lives. I love taking care of entire families from birth onwards. I think of health as encompassing not only physical aspects, but also spiritual and emotional, and that really helps me care for patients as a whole. When I am not working, I love to run, spend time...
I love learning, and being a doctor allows for a lifetime of learning! I really enjoy making a difference, and I feel privileged to be a part of the most intimate aspects of patients lives. I love taking care of entire families from birth onwards. I think of health as encompassing not only physical aspects, but also spiritual and emotional, and that really helps me care for patients as a whole. When I am not working, I love to run, spend time with my kids and husband, and travel.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Physicians Network
- Michigan State University
- Family Medicine, Board Certified
Maternal-child health, women's health, breastfeeding.
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
4.8 out of 5
(263 Ratings, 25 Comments)