As an alternative to in-person office visits, Pardee is now offering virtual visits with our primary care and specialist providers. Call your provider's office directly to schedule your virtual visit or learn more here.
Vanessa Mugica, FNP-C, APRN, MSN, BSN, CNOR
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMClosed Today Closed Today
Accepting New Patients
Pardee Breast Surgery
805 Sixth Ave. W.
, NC 28739
On Public Transportation, Handicap Accessible
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
About the Provider
- Breast Cancer
Type: Clinician, Advanced Practice Provider
About Vanessa Mugica, FNP-C, APRN, MSN, BSN, CNOR
I have more than 10 years of surgical experience as a certified perioperative nurse practitioner in a variety of surgical fields including breast, general, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and obstetrics and gynecology. I am passionate about preventive medicine, particularly women’s health issues such as breast, ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers; osteopenia and osteoporosis. I believe in holistic, patient-centered, culturall...
I have more than 10 years of surgical experience as a certified perioperative nurse practitioner in a variety of surgical fields including breast, general, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and obstetrics and gynecology. I am passionate about preventive medicine, particularly women’s health issues such as breast, ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers; osteopenia and osteoporosis. I believe in holistic, patient-centered, culturally congruent care and that patient education is paramount to improve outcomes and prevent complications. I strive to develop a relationship with patients that is established in empathy and trust.
UNC Health Affiliations
- Pardee Hospital
Master of Science
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine
- Area: Nursing
Internship and Residency
- Mission Health
- Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified
Preventive medicine, particularly women’s health issues such as breast, ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers; osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid (via MHP)
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid (via MHP)
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene) (via MHP)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid (via MHP)
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid (via MHP)
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.