Michael Baca-Atlas, MD
UNC Health Provider
UNC Health providers are employed by an organization within UNC Health.
Family Medicine, Primary Care
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMClosed Today Closed Today
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
About the Provider
- Family Medicine
- Primary Care
Additional Practice Locations for Michael Baca-Atlas, MD
About Michael Baca-Atlas, MD
I feel fortunate to have an opportunity to be a physician and chose this profession because I truly enjoy caring for others while having fun and bringing a positive attitude to the clinic room or bedside in the hospital. I focus on creating a safe space for my patients by reducing stigma and talking openly about issues that are complex and difficult to talk about. Over the last few years, I have become more interested in the interaction of phy...
I feel fortunate to have an opportunity to be a physician and chose this profession because I truly enjoy caring for others while having fun and bringing a positive attitude to the clinic room or bedside in the hospital. I focus on creating a safe space for my patients by reducing stigma and talking openly about issues that are complex and difficult to talk about. Over the last few years, I have become more interested in the interaction of physical health, mental health and addiction. I focus on shared decision making and helping to support my patients healthcare goals. Outside of work, I like to spend time with my family, exercise, read and try new restaurants.
UNC Health Affiliations
- UNC Hospitals
- UNC Physicians Network
- University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2011 - 2015
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2015 - 2018
- Area: Family Medicine
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2018 - 2019
- Area: Addiction Medicine
Bachelor of Science
- University of Maryland, College Park, 2007 - 2011
- Area: Biology
- Family Medicine, Board Certified, 2018
Addiction medicine, underserved populations, and the intersection of physical and mental health and addiction.
- Aetna Commercial Plans (Other than Aetna Whole Health)
- Aetna Whole Health (Tier 2)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans (Other than Aetna Prime HMO)
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medicaid
- BCBSNC Commercial Plans
- North Carolina State Employees Health Benefit Plan (Active employees)
- BCBSNC Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BCBSNC Medicare Advantage (Other than Experience Health)
- Healthy Blue Medicaid
- Carolina Complete Health Medicaid (Centene)
- Cigna Commercial Plans (Other than Cigna Connect)
- Cigna Secure Medicare Advantage
- Contigo Health Plan (WakeMed employees only)
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Private Fee-for-Service
- North Carolina State Employee Health Benefit Plan (Medicare Advantage for retirees)
- Liberty Advantage Medicare Advantage
- MedCost PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Exchange (ACA) Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Medicaid
- Veterans Affairs Community Care Network
- WellCare of North Carolina Medicaid
* Coverage for certain behavioral health, Medicare and commercial plans as well as TriCare varies across UNC Health entities. Please call prior to your visit to determine coverage.
UNC Health contracts with most health insurance companies including, but not limited to, the ones listed here. While we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, it often changes. Professional fees charged by care providers and organizations who are not employed, owned or managed by UNC Health may not be included under the same insurance contracts and may bill separately. Before scheduling your appointment, please contact the organization or care provider in charge of delivering these services as they may be able to help you identify who will be providing these services. Your insurance company can help to determine which specific services, locations and providers are covered by your plan as well as provide you with information regarding co-payments, deductibles or any additional charges that may be your responsibility. UNC Health makes no representation or guarantee of benefits or coverage. Services not covered by your insurance company will be your responsibility. If you are in need of financial assistance, please visit our Financial Assistance page. For additional information regarding insurance accepted at UNC Health, please visit our Insurance page.
In order to provide our patients and visitors with the most accurate and useful information, we only post physician satisfaction data when a physician has received a minimum of 30 returned surveys. For this provider, we have not received the minimum.